My #1 highly recommended swaddle!
These swaddles are the best on the market, in my opinion, as a mom of 5! I used the Woombie swaddle (many, many, many woombie swaddles) for all 5 of my kids.
Benefits of Woombie swaddle that differ from other swaddles:
- Stretchy but snug swaddling fabric simulates the feeling of being held, touched & cuddled, without completely limiting mobility, which can cause distress. Baby is still able to touch their hands within the swaddle and have natural leg movements.
- Zips from both ends (an absolute NECESSITY in a swaddle, to me) which allows you to change baby's diaper at night without unswaddling them. This prevents babies from fully waking during the night and keeps them warm which helps prevent unnecessary night waking.
- Swaddle weaning built in. In the larger swaddle sizes (not newborn) the shoulders have snaps that allow you to put a baby's warm out. As baby is learning to roll over you can let one arm out to help them adjust, then the other, then eventually wean the swaddle. It's the easiest and most effective way to swaddle wean.
- Easy to use, 1 step required. You don't have to figure out how to fold or twist or twirl. Put baby in, zip swaddle up.
- Lightweight & breathable swaddling fabric helps to promote airflow
In my shop, the Woombie comes in 3 sizes.
- Newborn (does not have arm holes as this is too early to swaddle wean)
- Big Baby: 15 to 20 pounds
- Mega Baby: 20 pounds and up. (This swaddle becomes convertible and a child can use it as a sleep sack/blanket until around 18 months of age.)